Amazon Prime is a subscription service offered by Amazon that provides customers with a variety of benefits, including free two-day shipping, streaming of movies and TV shows, and access to a library of e-books.
While there is no specific discount for seniors on Amazon Prime, there are a few ways that seniors can potentially save money on their membership.
First, customers with a valid EBT or Medicaid card can get a discounted Prime membership. Customers with a valid EBT or Medicaid card are eligible for this discounted membership, which is currently priced at $5.99 per month.
Second, customers with a valid Medicaid card can get a discounted Prime membership. Customers with a valid Medicaid card are eligible for this discounted membership, which is currently priced at $5.99 per month.
Sharing their Amazon Prime membership with other family members is also another way retirees can save money on Amazon Prime. Amazon allows up to four individuals to share a single Prime membership, which can assist in distributing the membership cost across multiple people.
Furthermore, Amazon provides a monthly payment option for its prime membership, allowing customers to pay for their membership on a monthly basis rather than an annual membership up front.
What are the Amazon Prime Membership Costs?
The cost of an Amazon Prime subscription varies by country and membership type. A regular membership in the United States costs $12.99 per month or $119 per year. The cost for students is $6.49 per month or $59 per year.
How To Sign Up For Amazon Prime Discount If You Are Under Government-Assisted Programs?
Amazon customers who are currently enrolled in government assistance programs like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), SSI (Supplemental Security Income), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), or Medicaid are eligible for a lower membership costs. You can do the following to enroll in the discounted Amazon Prime membership:
- Go to the Amazon Prime website by typing “amazon.com/qualify” into your web browser.
- Click on the “Learn more” button under the “Eligible for a discounted Prime membership” section.
- Click on the “See if you qualify” button and then select the government assistance program that you are currently enrolled in.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and program information.
- Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a notification from Amazon with instructions on how to sign up for the discounted Prime membership.
- Follow the instructions provided to complete the sign-up process and start enjoying the benefits of Amazon Prime at a discounted rate.
Are There Amazon Prime Discounts for Seniors on Medicare?
For Medicare-eligible seniors, Amazon does not currently provide a special discount on Amazon Prime membership.
Customers who are currently enrolled in government assistance programs like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), SSI (Supplemental Security Income), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), or Medicaid are eligible for a lower membership cost from Amazon.
It is crucial to remember that Amazon’s promotions and discounts are subject to change at any time, and they may fluctuate depending on the region. As a result, it is wise to regularly check Amazon’s website for the most recent details on Prime savings and deals.
Additionally, some third-party companies or organizations may offer discounts for Amazon Prime memberships for Seniors, so check with any senior organizations or clubs you belong to.
Advantages of Having an Amazon Prime Account As A Senior?
An Amazon Prime account offers a variety of benefits, some of which include:
- Prime members receive free two-day shipping on eligible items, with no minimum purchase required.
- Unlimited movie, TV show, and music streaming: Prime members have access to a large library of movies, TV shows, and songs to stream, with new titles introduced on a regular basis.
- Kindle eBooks: Prime members can borrow books for free from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
- Prime Pantry: Prime members can use Prime Pantry to shop for groceries and household essentials and have them delivered to their door.
- Prime Video offers unlimited streaming of movies, TV shows, and Amazon Originals, as well as the ability to download them for offline viewing.
- Prime Music: Ad-free music streaming with the option to download songs and albums for offline listening.
- Prime Gaming offers free games and in-game content, as well as discounts on new releases.
Members have first access to select flash sales and other sales events.
- Prime Now: Prime members in certain areas can have groceries, household essentials, and other items delivered in as little as two hours.
What is Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime Video is a streaming service available as part of an Amazon Prime membership. It lets users watch TV shows and movies on their laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or streaming device.
Prime Video provides a variety of material, such as popular movies and TV shows, Amazon Originals, and a rotating selection of titles that Prime members can watch for free. Amazon Originals are television shows and films produced and funded by Amazon Studios. “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” “Jack Ryan,” and “The Man in the High Castle” are among the most popular Amazon Original shows.
Users can also rent or buy movies and TV shows that are not available in the service’s streaming library through Prime Video. It also offers the ability to download content for offline viewing, has a function for developing watchlists, and resumes watching from where you left off.
Furthermore, Prime Video is accessible via a variety of devices, such as smart TVs, gaming systems, mobile devices, and streaming devices such as Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast. It is also available through a web browser.
What is Amazon Prime Pantry That Seniors Can Enjoy?
Seniors who are Amazon Prime members can order food, household products, and other non-perishable things online and have them shipped directly to their door using the Amazon Prime Pantry service.
Food, snacks, drinks, cleaning supplies, cosmetics, and other products are all available at Prime Pantry. They also offer a wide range of products under both their own private label and well-known brand names.
Seniors who shop on Prime Pantry will pay a predetermined delivery fee for the package containing their goods. The delivery fee is influenced by the volume and weight of the items within the box. You have two choices to lower the delivery cost: either purchase more items or decide on the “Prime Pantry Everyday” items.
You can track your order, view your order history, and set up recurring deliveries with Prime Pantry as well.
What is Amazon Prime Reading?
Through the free Amazon Prime Reading service, Amazon Prime members can borrow books, periodicals, comics, and other media. It is a selection of electronic books and periodicals that can be read on a Kindle e-reader or the Kindle reading app, which can be used on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets as well as computers.
Through Prime Reading, you can access a wide selection of books, graphic novels, and periodicals, including Kindle Singles, Amazon Originals, and more. The book selection is ever-changing but includes a variety of genres, such as best-selling novels, non-fiction, and children’s books.
Kindle Unlimited, a different subscription program that provides access to more than a million books, magazines, and comics, is different from Prime Reading. With Kindle Unlimited, you have access to the whole library, whereas Prime Reading only allows you to borrow one book at a time.
What are other ways seniors can access Amazon discounts without Amazon prime membership?
There are a few ways seniors can access discounts on Amazon without an Amazon Prime membership:
- Subscribe & Save: Seniors can save up to 15% on select items by subscribing to regular deliveries of those items. This option is available for eligible products across various categories.
- Coupons: Amazon frequently offers coupons on a wide variety of products. To access these coupons, go to the Coupons page on Amazon’s website and browse through the available options.
- Daily Deals: Amazon offers daily deals on a variety of products, including electronics, home goods, and more. These deals are available for a limited time, so it’s important to check the deals page regularly.
- Amazon Credit Card: Seniors who have an Amazon credit card may be eligible for special financing offers and discounts on certain items.
- AARP membership: Amazon partners with AARP to offer discounts and deals to members on eligible products.
- Check for local discounts: Some local retailers may offer discounts for seniors on specific days of the week or at certain times of the day. It may be worth checking with your local Amazon store or other retailers in your area.
What can seniors enjoy under Amazon Prime Music?
Seniors who are Amazon Prime members can enjoy a variety of music streaming options through Amazon Prime Music, including:
- Unlimited streaming: Prime members have access to a large collection of songs and albums from a variety of artists, and can stream as much music as they want with no additional cost.
- Ad-free listening: Prime Music is ad-free, so seniors can listen to their favorite songs without interruption.
- Offline listening: Prime members can download songs and albums for offline listening, which can be useful when traveling or in areas with poor internet connectivity.
- Playlists and radio stations: Prime Music offers a variety of curated playlists and radio stations, organized by genre, mood, and activity, which can help seniors discover new music.
- Hands-free listening: Prime Music can be integrated with Amazon’s Echo devices, which allows seniors to listen to music hands-free with voice commands.
- Personalized recommendations: Prime Music uses machine learning algorithms to recommend songs and albums based on seniors’ listening history and preferences.
- Podcasts: Some regions have access to Podcasts as well on Prime Music, which can be a great way for seniors to stay informed and entertained.
What can seniors enjoy under Amazon Kindle eBooks?
Seniors who are Amazon Prime members can enjoy a variety of e-book options through Amazon Kindle eBooks, including:
- Borrowing books: Prime members can borrow one book at a time from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library at no additional cost.
- A wide selection of books: Kindle eBooks offers a wide variety of genres, including best-selling novels, non-fiction, and children’s books.
- Personalized recommendations: Kindle eBooks uses machine learning algorithms to recommend books based on seniors’ reading history and preferences.
- Large font and adjustable text size: Kindle e-readers and apps allow seniors to increase the font size and adjust the text spacing to make reading more comfortable.
- Whispersync: Kindle e-readers and apps allow seniors to save their reading progress, so they can pick up where they left off on any device.
- Audible integration: Kindle e-readers and apps allow seniors to switch between reading and listening to an audiobook with a feature called Whispersync for Voice.
- Easy on the eyes: Kindle e-readers and apps have a feature called “blue shade” which reduces the blue light emitted to make reading more comfortable at night.
- Prime Reading: Prime members have access to a rotating selection of books, comics, and magazines, including Kindle Singles, Amazon Originals and more.
In conclusion, while there is no specific discount for seniors on Amazon Prime, there are a few ways that seniors can potentially save money on their membership, such as the discounted Prime membership for customers who have a valid EBT or Medicaid card, sharing their membership with other family members, or by paying for the membership on a monthly basis.